Ploum Privacy Notice: what we do with the personal data from our clients, visitors and other contacts
As a law firm and firm of civil-law notaries Ploum provides legal services to medium-sized and large companies. In order to carry out our activities properly, it is sometimes necessary to process your personal data. Personal data are data that provide information about an individual person, such as contact details, but also financial data or data about other privacy sensitive matters.
We only collect personal data if we carry out an assignment for you, or if you visit our office or our website. We mainly use personal data to carry out your assignment. For example, data relating to your employees or customers with whom you have a dispute or whose data must be stated in an agreement or notarial deed. When you visit our office, we also process the images of the cameras we use to secure our premises.
- We always inform you about the use of your personal data and for example how you can exercise your right of access and objection;
- We only use the personal data for the purpose for which it has obtained the personal data (such as to carry out an assignment, customer relationship management, customer administration and marketing);
- We do not collect, use and store more personal data than we need and only if there is no other way to achieve the purpose;
- The more sensitive the data, the less we use it;
- We only use the personal data if there is a legal ground for it;
- We take security measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect the personal data from the risks of loss or unauthorized access; and
- We only provide your personal data to third parties if we receive sufficient guarantees for the protection of your data.
In this Privacy Notice we inform you about the use of your personal data in the execution of our activities. In this Privacy Notice we will answer the following questions:
- Which type of personal data do we process?
- Which are the purposes of the collection and use of your personal data?
- What is the legal ground for the processing of your personal data?
- Which parties have access to your personal data?
- How long do we store your personal data?
- Do I have to provide the personal data to Ploum?
- Who is responsible for the processing of my personal data?
- Who can I contact if I have questions about the use of my personal data?
- What about the use of my personal data by third parties?
- How are your personal data protected?
- What are your rights regarding the processing of your personal data (and how can you exercise them)?
- Do we use any cookies on our websites?
- Do you use my data for sending newsletters?
Overview of the use of the personal data of our clients, visitors and other contacts
An overview of our use of the personal data of our clients, visitors and other contacts you can find here.
Further information regarding the use of personal data and your rights
Futher information regarding the use of personal data and your rights you can find here.