Willem LeppinkAttorney at law, partner
Willem provides litigation services and advice in the field of trademark, copyright and advertising law. He represents well known companies throughout Europe in counterfeiting and other infringement matters. He is very experienced in coordinating European brand and marketing-related projects. In the Netherlands he litigates in conflicts regarding intellectual property and in cases about misleading and comparative advertising.
Willem Leppink of Ploum is experienced in trade mark prosecution, domain name infringement and advertising matters. According to sources, he is “technical and commercial,” and he is also valued for his “pragmatic and proactive” approach. – Chambers 2019
Willem is a member of the Executive Committee of MARQUES (the European Association of Trade Mark Owners). He is the former secretary of the Dutch Advertising Law Association and was made an honorary member of this association. In addition, he is a domain name panelist with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for both .UDRP and .nl disputes, Legal Rights Objections Expert, as well as Trademark Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Procedure (Trademark PDDRP) panelist with WIPO and a domain name panelist with the Czech Arbitration Court for .eu disputes. He is the chair of the editorial board of the Benelux trademark journal BMM Bulletin and a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (Oxford University Press), the European Copyright and Design Reports (Sweet & Maxwell) and the Dutch advertising blog Reclameboek.nl. Willem is an exam coordinator and executive board member of the organisation for the professional education of Benelux trade mark and design attorneys (BBMM). He is also a member of the exam board of the Netherlands Association of Intellectual Property Litigiation Lawyers (VIEPA).
Willem is recommended as top 5 expert on trade mark law in The Netherlands in the WTR1000 of World Trademark Review. He is also recommended in Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. He is listed in the Legal 500, the Guide of the World’s Leading Trade Mark Law Practitioners, Best Lawyers for Advertising Law and in PLC’s Which Lawyer. He was the winner of both the 2010 and the 2011 International Law Office Client Choice Award for intellectual property law. His team won Acquisition International’s 2012 Legal Award for Trademark law firm of the year.
Willem is a constructive legal communicator who is driven to achieve common-sense results – a can-do lawyer who gets the job done, he is the number one for negotiations and the person to hire if you want a complex matter sorted. – WTR1000 – 2019
- ‘The battle of The Hague: R4 and mod chips game over?’, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University Press, October 2010
- ‘Order from a Community trade mark court should have effect throughout the entire EU’, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University Press, January 2011
- ‘Is there life for IP owners after Nokia and Philips’, World Trademark Review, April/May 2011
- ‘European trade mark law: Quo Vadis?’, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University Press, May 2013
- A Practical Guide to Protection from Online Infringement, Chapter on The Netherlands, Globe Law and Business, 2017
- MARQUES, the European Association of Trade Mark Owners
- Dutch Advertising Law Association (VvRr)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Benelux association for trademark and design law (BMM)
- European Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Netherlands Association of Intellectual Property Litigiation Lawyers (VIEPA)
Nieuws geschreven door Willem Leppink
11 MAR 2019
01 MAR 2019
08 FEB 2019