Stephan SluiterAttorney at law, partner
Stephan advises and litigates in matters relating to spatial planning, environmental law, regulatory law and the grey area between public and private law. His clients are amongst others companies form the (petro)chemical and manufacturing industry, construction companies, governments and project developers. His focus areas include the real estate sector, the energy sector and the waste sector.
Stephan graduated from Radboud University Nijmegen in 2008. From 2009 until 2015 he worked as an attorney at law at the M&A department and the Administrative Law department of a major law firm in Rotterdam. During this period he worked at the branch office in Luxembourg and he was seconded to a major law firm in Istanbul. In 2015 Stephan started working at Ploum in Rotterdam. In 2017 Stephan completed the Grotius specialist course “environmental law” cum laude. He became a partner at Ploum in 2018.
Stephan is a lecturer at the Academy for Law Practice (Academie voor de Rechtspraktijk). He is also an editorial member of Praktijk Omgevingsrecht, a professional journal on environmental law, the chief editor of Sdu Journal of waste substance regulation (Sdu Journaal Afvalstoffenrecht) and a permanent annotator of De Gemeentestem, a professional law journal for municipal officers. Stephan provides in-house courses and he publishes articles in professional journals on a regular basis.
- Member of the Association for Environment and Law
- Member of the Association of Young Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow of the International Institute for Law and Medicine
Stephan Sluiter is a pleasure to deal with. He has a lot of expertise and is able to translate the input of the business quickly and correctly in legal documents. He is sensitive in relationships of the business with competent authorities and always looking for more permanent solutions than going to court. Furthermore, he has a good sense of humour and he is modest. – Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- Het begrip ‘afvalstof’ – de stand van zaken, PRO 2018/4, juli 2018
- Anticipating and responding effectively to the levy of building charges, PRO 2014, 4, June 2016
- Sdu Explanatory Notes to the General Administrative Law Act, The Hague, Sdu 2016, co-author, chapter 5: Enforcement.
- ‘Site Selection by Pharmaceutical Companies: Tax and Legal Regimes in The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland’, International Journal of Law and Medicine, October 2014
- ‘De overgang van vergunningen bij fusies en overnames’, Vennootschap & Onderneming 9, September 2013. On the transfer of permits in M&A practice.
- ‘Een essay over de toekomst van de advocatuur’, Advocatenblad 14, October 2012. First prize entry in an essay contest called by the Dutch Bar Association themed: the future of the legal profession.
- Annotatie bij ABRvS 20 maart 2019, Gst. 2019/145, over het oordeel dat Sms- en WhatsApp-berichten onder omstandigheden onder de documentdefinitie van de Wet openbaarheid van bestuur (Wob) vallen.
- Annotatie bij Rb. Midden-Nederland 28 november 2017, Gst. 2018/50, april 2018, over het oordeel dat sms- en WhatsApp-berichten onder omstandigheden onder de documentdefinitie van de Wet openbaarheid van bestuur vallen.
- Annotatie bij ABRvS 27 september 2017, Gst. 2018/30, over de vraag wanneer een omgevingsvergunning van rechtswege is verleend.
- Casenote to ABRvS 24 June 2015, Bouwrecht 2015, 77, September 2015. On the declaration of no objection pursuant to the Airport Zoning Decree.
- Casenote to ABRvS 18 March 2015, Bouwrecht 2015, 66, July 2015. On the environmental permit to change a permitted building plan.
- Casenote to ABRvS 30 April 2014, Bouwrecht 2014, 102, September 2014. On the inclusion of concrete building plans in a zoning plan (2).
- Casenote to ABRvS 17 July 2013, Bouwrecht 2013, 137, October 2013. On the inclusion of concrete building plans in a zoning plan (1).
The Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister)
Stephan Sluiter has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Administrative law (bestuursrecht), sub legal practice area administrative procedural law (bestuursprocesrecht), sub legal practice area European law (Europees recht), sub legal practice area
enforcement law (handhavingsrecht) and sub legal practice area subsidy law (subsidierecht); and
- Environmental law (omgevingsrecht), sub legal practice area environmental law (milieurecht), sub legal practice area nature conservation law (natuurbeschermingsrecht), sub legal practice area spatial administrative law (ruimtelijk bestuursrecht) and sub legal practice area water law (waterrecht).
Based on this registration, Stephan Sluiter is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
Nieuws geschreven door Stephan Sluiter
30 SEP 2019
04 SEP 2019
03 SEP 2019