Renée van HoofAttorney at law
Expertise: advising and litigating in complex matters
Renée litigates in construction and real estate matters before the state courts and the Arbitration Board for the Building Industry. Furthermore, Renée was involved in several binding-opinion proceedings. She advises – inter alia – on design & build agreements, DBM(O) agreements and the legal relationship between the owners, contractors, architects, engineers and consultants.
Renée has broad experience with advising and litigating in complex commercial matters, which also involved technical issues. As a result, Renée has extensive knowledge of the civil litigation practice and all related (legal) aspects thereto.
During her studies at Leiden University, Renée participated in several extracurricular programs, such as the Honours College Law program. Furthermore, Renee studied a semester at Renmin University in Beijing where Renée studied the Chinese language and several topics on Chinese law.
Since Renée also obtained a bachelor’s degree in real estate studies, Renée has practical knowledge of the construction and real estate industry.
- Master Corporate Law, Leiden University (2016)
- Bachelor Dutch Law, Leiden University (2014)
- Bachelor Real Estate Studies, Fontys University for applied sciences (2011)
- Association for Young Litigators
- Co-author of the book chapter ‘Het belangenconflict van de faillissementscurator’ in L. Timmerman’s Liber Amicorum ‘Toekomst van het Ondernemingsrecht‘ (Kluwer: Deventer 2015, p. 435-458);
- Article in Real Estate Magazine ‘Van Ruzie naar Fusie‘ (2011/77).