Matthijs GardienAttorney at law
Matthijs (1990) graduated successfully from the Erasmus University Rotterdam in August 2014, majoring in Health law. During his studies he fulfilled a commercial function at an international trading company. After fulfilling his internship at Ploum in 2014, Matthijs joined Ploum as a legal consultant in November 2014. In November 2015 Matthijs started working as an attorney at law.
- ‘Nieuwe geschilbeslechting zorgcontractering, een doorbraak?’, with Dennis Zieren, RGD Magazine, July 2016
- ‘Meldplicht datalekken: voorkomen is beter dan melden’, with Dennis Zieren, RGD Magazine, February 2016
The Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister)
Matthijs Gardien has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Civil procedural law (burgerlijk procesrecht), sub legal practice area attachment and execution law (beslag- en executierecht), sub legal practice area ligitation;
- ICT law, sub legal practice area privacy law; and
- Law of obligations (verbintenissenrecht).
Based on this registration, Matthijs Gardien is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.