Martijn PoulusAttorney at law
Martijn works as an attorney at law at the Intellectual Property practice group.
Expertise: IP, advertising and privacy law
Martijn is specialized in advisory work and litigation in matters concerning intellectual property rights (mainly trademark and copyright law), advertising, (online) marketing and privacy and data protection law (including e-privacy and issues related to image rights).
Martijn obtained his master’s degree in Information Law at the Institute for Information Law (IViR) of the University of Amsterdam. Moreover, he completed courses on law and technology at the Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic) and Utrecht University. In addition to his work as an attorney, Martijn regularly publishes and teaches, mainly on topics relating to (new) technology and the internet.
- Privacy Law Association (VPR)
- Association for Media and Communication Law (VMC)
- Benelux association for Trademark- and Design Law (BMM)
- Association for Advertising Law (VvRr)
- Dutch Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR)
- ‘How not using a trade mark becomes use of a trade mark’, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (Oxford University Press), 2018