Joost KoolAttorney at law
Joost specialises in financial transactions, security rights and related corporate law matters. Joost advises clients in relation to (cross border) financial transactions, in particular in relation to refinancing and acquisition financing transactions.
Joost started his career as an attorney at law in 2014 with Houthoff (Rotterdam) and joined Ploum in May 2019. Joost advised several clients in relation to financial regulatory regulations, in particular in relation to the insurance sector. Joost is specialised in financial transactions, advising both borrowers and lenders. He has experience in drafting and negotiating finance and security documentation, as well as drafting and issuing legal opinions and drawing up intercompany finance documentation. Joost also has experience in carrying out due diligence investigations in relation to financial matters.
Understanding business is more than legal knowledge
Joost is a pragmatical lawyer and understands that clients need practical legal advice and works hard to achieve the best results for his clients.
- Professional education programme of the Law Firm School
- Professional education programme of the Netherlands Bar (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- LL.M Corporate law at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- LL.M Financial law at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- LL.B Dutch law at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
Examples of recent work
- Joost advised a wide range of clients in relation to refinancing and acquisition financing transactions.
- Joost also advised a consortium of institutional investors in relation to the acquisition of real estate in the Netherlands and advised a US investor in relation to the acquisition of a Dutch insurer that was subject to multiple regulatory issues.
- W.G. de Haan & J.T. Kool, ‘Solvency II: een globale verkenning’, Tijdschrift voor Compliance, december 2015, p. 326-334
- J.T. Kool, annotation: HR 26 februari 2016, ECLI:NL:HR:2016:335, Jurisprudentie Aansprakelijkheid 2016/67
- B.M. van Wijk & J.T. Kool, ‘Verjaring’, in: M. van Tiggele-van der Velde & H. Wansink (red.), ‘Bespiegelingen op 10 jaar “nieuw” verzekeringsrecht”, Deventer: Kluwer 2016, p. 215-234
The Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister)
Joost Kool has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Financial law (financieel recht); sub legal practice area banking law (bank recht);
- Corporate law (ondernemingsrecht) sub legal practice area legal entities (vennootschappen) en sub legal practice area directors’ liability (bestuurdersaansprakelijkheid); and
- Insolvency law; sub legal practice area bankruptcy (faillissement), moratorium (surseance van betaling) and WSNP (Debt Management (Natural Persons) Act).
Based on this registration, Joost Kool is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
Nieuws geschreven door Joost Kool
01 OCT 2019
17 SEP 2019
17 JUN 2016