Jeroen TersteggeAttorney at law, partner
Jeroen is an attorney at law and member of the Corporate Law team at Ploum.
Jeroen specializes in company and corporate law. He has extensive experience with M&A-transactions, corporate (re)structuring and, joint ventures. He acted on behalf of a variety of national and international clients. Also he advises on wide range of company and corporate law issues.
Jeroen graduated in 2007 from the Erasmus University Rotterdam in Private law. Earlier, he completed his studies in Business administration with specialization Strategic Management at that same university. In 2009 he attended that English Legal Methods Summer School at the University of Cambridge. In 2011 he completed the Grotius postgraduate course in Company and Corporate Law with distinction.
Since 2013 Jeroen is engaged in a doctoral research on the limitations of management authority of directors of public and private limited liability companies.
Jeroen is a dedicated, fast thinking and very clever lawyer who is able to oversee the whole spectrum. He is able to make highly complicated matters look simple. Jeroen is very client focused and responsive and has a real can-do mentality that is combined with great detailed knowledge of corporate and energy related aspects. A very pleasant person to work with who is able to build bridges between different opinions while still getting the best deal over the line for us. – Arjen van der Weijden, General Counsel ONE-Dyas
Examples of recent work
- Assisting a group of local farmers and developers in the sale of an onshore windfarm
- Assisting a large Dutch utility company in the acquisition of a portfolio of onshore windfarms
- Assisting with the sale of a Dutch oil and gas company to an English utility company.
- Acting as Project Counsel in the formation of a joint venture, which shall develop a large Geothermal project in the Netherlands
- Vereniging Corporate Litigation
- Vereeniging Handelsrecht
- Board member of Stichting Aerarium SanctiusBoard member of Stichting Aerarium Sanctius
- ‘Instructierecht en de Flex-BV: Hier spreekt de algemene vergadering van uw vennootschap om u de volgende opdracht te geven’, WPNR 2014 (7011), p. 259-269
- ‘Doelloze vennootschappen (en alles dat daarmee samenhangt)’, WPNR 2014 (7038), p. 1063-1068
- ‘Mannen en vrouwen van staal’, in: B.F. Assink, e.a. (red.), De toekomst van het ondernemingsrecht – het ondernemingsrecht van de toekomst, Uitgave vanwege het Instituut voor Ondernemingsrecht deel 99, Deventer: Kluwer 2015, p. 537 – 547
- ‘Awater en de andere(n), WPNR 2017 2017 (7141), p. 231 – 234
- ‘Das Leben der Anderen’, WPNR 2019 (7259), p. 795 – 802
The Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister)
Jeroen Terstegge has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Corporate law (ondernemingsrecht) sub legal practice area directors’ liability (bestuurdersaansprakelijkheid), sub legal practice area mergers and acquisitions (fusies en overnames), sub legal practice area companies (vennootschappen) and sub legal practice area associations (verenigingen) and foundations (stichtingen);
Based on this registration, Jeroen Terstegge is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.