Anton van den HeuvelAttorney at law, partner
Anton (1980) graduated from Erasmus University Rotterdam in 2004. During his studies, he worked for several years as a professional support lawyer at the department ‘Real estate and administrative law’ of Loyens & Loeff in Rotterdam. After studying psychology for a year in 2004-2005 and backpacking for 4.5 months through South America, he joined Ploum in early 2006 as an attorney-at-law.
Anton runs an advice and litigation practice, in which he mainly deals with cases related to tenancy law, commercial property, (professional) liabilities (amongst others of civil law notaries and estate agents) and cable damages. Amongst others, he advises lessors and lessees of business premises, large retailers, asset and property managers, real estate investors, petroleum companies, franchise organizations and cable and water companies. Anton heads the Real Estate Team of Ploum, which deals with real estate related cases from the perspective of different areas of law and knowledge is shared on a regular basis.
In 2012, Anton passed his exam of the specialisation programme of the Dutch Association of Tenancy law Attorneys cum laude, which secured his admittance to this association. In June 2013 he published a chronicle in the Dutch legal journal AV&S about case law regarding various forms of building related asbestos liabilities of several types of parties such as lessors/lessees, contractors, sellers and owners of real estate.
- ‘Kroniek aansprakelijkheid voor niet-loondienstgerelateerde asbestschade’, Natalie Vloemans & Anton van den Heuvel, AV&S, June 2013, Kluwer
- Association of Tenancy Law Attorneys (Vereniging van Huurrecht Advocaten)
- Real Estate Society Rotterdam-Rijnmond (Vastgoedsociëteit Rotterdam-Rijnmond)
- Young Real estate Rotterdam (Jong Onroerend goed Rotterdam)
- Association of Young Real estate Lawyers (Vereniging Jonge Onroerend goed Juristen)
The Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister)
Anton has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister):
- Tenancy law (huurrecht) sub legal practice area Business Space (bedrijfsruimte) and sub legal practice area Housing (Woonruimte);
- Real estate.
Based on this registrations, Anton is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
Nieuws geschreven door Anton van den Heuvel
30 MAR 2020
30 SEP 2019