The Construction lawyers working at Ploum add significant value to the projects on which we advise.
We advise our clients in complex and high-value infrastructure projects and across all major sectors such as oil and gas, renewable energy, transport and industrial real estate.
Our team of Construction lawyers works for – amongst others – national and international contractors, project developers, consultants, government authorities, engineers, architects and other public- and private-sector clients.
We provide a full range of legal services: from the drafting of project documentation and negotiating complex construction contracts, to partnering and framework agreements. Whether it be harbour related construction projects, engineering work, (FIDIC-based) infrastructure, energy projects, data centers or large scale housing projects, our Construction lawyers have the experience to offer legal and commercially minded solutions to help your construction project succeed.
When it comes to the resolution of disputes arising out of projects you can count on our extensive litigation and arbitration experience. We have represented our clients in Dutch state courts and at relevant arbitration institutes such as the Netherlands Arbitration Institute, the Arbitration Board for the Building Industry and at the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC.
Our Construction lawyers work as an integral part of the Construction and Real Estate team, focusing on meeting our clients’ business objectives in an efficient manner. Our team understands the importance of assessing the legal landscape, reaching out to key decision-makers, advising on regulatory requirements, and assisting in expediting the project development process altogether.
- Acting as counsel for a Dutch tank terminal in ICC proceedings about the termination of a FIDIC contract;
- Acting as lead counsel for a Dutch tank terminal company in multiple summary proceedings at the Rotterdam Court, as well as a successful appeal procedure at the Court of Appeal in The Hague regarding the termination of a FIDIC Yellow Book contract for the design and build of storage tanks in the port of Rotterdam, the Netherlands;
- Conducting summary proceedings for a Dutch technical services company in the (petro)chemical and energy sector against a German company. The dispute concerned geothermal drilling and the transportation of waste;
- Acting as Dutch co-counsel for a Dutch company in the railway industry against a Belgian railway infrastructure management company in summary proceedings at the Arbitration Board for the Building Industry regarding issued bank guarantees;
- Prejudgment attachment of company shares and conducting subsequent summary proceedings at the District Court of Amsterdam for a German real estate investor regarding a well-known real estate project in Berlin;
- Acting as lead counsel for a market leader in the field of underfloor heating and underfloor cooling in a dispute with a contracting party regarding the termination of an agreement. The construction project was one of the largest in its kind in a major Dutch city;
- Various arbitration proceedings regarding delay and disruption, claims for additional works, damages, defects etc. including commercial and residential housing projects;
- Acting as lead counsel for several municipalities in disputes with dredging companies. The arbitral proceedings were held at the Arbitration Board for the Building Industry;
- Advising a major UK law firm on the Thames Oil Port contracts and NAI arbitration to be conducted in the Netherlands;
- Acting as lead counsel for a large Dutch construction company in a dispute with an African State (successful negotiations). The dispute concerned the renovation of the embassy buildings of the African State in The Hague;
- Advising a representative of a Middle Eastern State following a dispute with a contractor.